We will be hosting an informative and interactive one-day training day focused on advancing communication and assertiveness skills for senior nurses and allied health and social care professionals working within haemato-oncology care at Hamilton House, in London on Friday 7th February 2020.
This study day will require a £25 booking fee per person, which will include refreshments throughout the day and lunch.
This day is for you if you are:
- A Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Advanced Nurse Practitioner (ANP) or senior nurse (Band 6 and above) working in haemato-oncology
- A Clinician working in haemato-oncology
- An Allied Health and Social Care Professional (Band 6 and above) working in haemato-oncology
- Willing to engage and interact with your colleagues to improve care
Objectives of the day are to:
- Increase awareness of the importance of excellent communication skills and the common communication barriers healthcare professionals face
- Practice skills to improve the quality of clinical communication around treatment decisions, particularly palliative and end of life care and psychological wellbeing
- Increase confidence in managing difficult conversations with patients and carers
- Build on influencing and assertiveness skills to enhance communication between colleagues and teams, such as discussing stopping treatment/death and dying, challenging colleagues and advocating for patients in a multidisciplinary team.
- Practice and incorporate self-care techniques to care for yourself and those you care for
Please register your interest for a place here. Online booking will close on Friday 3 January 2020. Please be aware, space is limited this year so we would encourage you to book in advance.
Please feel free to share the event details with relevant colleagues and teams so that all healthcare professionals working in haemato-oncology settings can really benefit from this useful day.
We hope that you can join us in February! Please feel free to get in touch if you have any further queries.
Gizem Koksal | Healthcare Professional Liaison Officer
Support Line: 0808 2080 888 | email@example.com
Hartley Taylor Medical Communications Ltd
2, St George’s Court | St George’s Park
Kirkham | PR4 2EF