28 February
Lugano Lake Cruise and Dinner at Hotel Splendide

 

The deadline for booking these events has now passed and bookings are therefore closed. If you were hoping to attend, we would suggest that you enquire about availability at the Registration Desk during the 9th Advances Against Aspergillosis and Mucormycosis conference in case any tickets are returned and become available for resale.

 

Ticket Prices:

Lugano Lake Cruise £35
Dinner at Hotel Splendide £60
Combined Ticket (both events) £90

Please Note: Places for both events will be limited so early booking is recommended to avoid disappointment. Bookings for these events will close on Monday 17th February 2020.

How to book:

To book a combination ticket or individual tickets for the Lugano Lake Cruise or Dinner, please click here. The booking form will allow you to book a ticket (or multiple tickets) for either or both events.

Lugano Lake Cruise:

Lake Lugano (also called Lake Ceresio) has a surface of 50 square kilometers of which 63% are located in Switzerland, with the remaining 37% in Italy. With an average width of 1 km it is very narrow but also quite deep (up to 288 meters). Its shore is not entirely accessible by car and for centuries some villages, like the picturesque Gandria and Morcote, were reachable only by lake.

Hugged by green mountains that are reflected in the water and bordered by particularly beautiful beaches, the lakeside is dotted with small villages with colourful houses and fishermen’s nets; the gentle sound of the waves breaking on the shore reverberates in the air. It brings to mind the fjords of northern Europe, but with a mild climate and picture-perfect, clear skies.

A cruise on Lake Lugano allows you to discover places of rare beauty and admire unique landscapes from a charming and unusual perspective. You can enjoy the view of picturesque villages on the lake shore as Morcote, Bissone and Gandria, which is an illustration of a small fishing village on the shores of Lake Lugano. You will also have the pleasure to admire the majesty of the mountains that overlook the lake of Lugano, like Monte Generoso, and the splendour of the nature that surrounds it.

Schedule: Afternoon of Friday 28th February 2020

14:00

Meet and Greet your guide in the main foyer of the Lugano Congress Centre (Registration Desk area) for the short walk to the departure point (central pier)

14:15

Boarding commences (please have your ticket to hand)

14:30

Departure by private boat
Snack on board (tea/coffee/hot chocolate break with apple strudel)

15:15

Arrival in Morcote village for guided walking tour

16:15

Departure of boat for return cruise

17:30

Arrival back to Lugano central pier

 

Dinner at Hotel Splendide:

The Hotel Splendide Royal is situated on the shores of Lake Lugano. The hotel has a long tradition of hospitality that continues to this day and is at the forefront of excellence. The hotel occupies one of the most impressive locations in Lugano – a prime position overlooking the lake. Here, attention to detail is the norm, from your first step into the lobby to the first-class service you will experience.

The evening will start with a welcome drink and canapés, followed by a three-course meal with wine and mineral water and end with coffee and small pastries.

Diners will be treated to an elegant atmosphere and excellent food. We hope that you will take the opportunity to come along to share this special evening in the good company of your colleagues.

Schedule: Evening of Friday 28th February 2020

18:45 Welcome Reception
19:30 Take seats for dinner
19:45 Dinner service commences
21:30 End of dinner

Dinner ticket includes:

Welcome Reception (30 minutes)

3 course meal with wine and mineral water

Coffee and small pastries

How to book:

Lugano Lake Cruise £35
Dinner at Hotel Splendide £60
Combined Ticket (both events) £90

Places for both events will be limited so early booking is recommended to avoid disappointment. Bookings for these events will close on Monday 17th February 2020.

To book your ticket(s) please click here

Enquiries: hannah@hartleytaylor.co.uk or telephone +44 (0)1565 621967

Hartley Taylor Medical Communications Ltd
Caledonian House | Tatton Street
Knutsford | Cheshire | WA16 6AG
Tel: ++44 (0)1565 621967